Well I'm ALMOST ready to post the before and after pictures of my classroom, but not quite. Until then, here's a little organization project that I worked on today.
I have had the same organizer for my magnetic letters since my first year of teaching and even then it was a hand-me-down. It just wasn't cutting it for me anymore! Not cute (no glitter!) and not very practical. So my letters got a re-vamp this summer. Check it out!
This is what I was using for the magnetic letters in my guided reading/small group area.Great organization, but I had to pull open a drawer for each letter every time I wanted to build a new word.
Here are the supplies I used for this project. The divider system is from The Container Store.
I am loving the result and I cant wait to try it out when I start working with my new firsties! I have to admit, it's definitely cuter (glitter!) than my previous letter system. Tadaaaa!!!
The container only had 24 letter spots so I did have to compromise just a bit with the last few letters. The alternative was a container much larger than I wanted to use. I also added stickers to the inside just to speed up the letter hunting process and to limit the singing of my ABC's just to find a specific letter (giggles!)
I will also be able to make my letters mobile with this handy little container in the event of a training or modeling in another classroom. SO MUCH BETTER!
I know everyone is busy perfecting their own rooms as I am thoroughly enjoying the photos on everyone's blog. I hope to post my own classroom photos in the next day or two as well as a few photos from the Wonka room my teammate is preparing. So cute! For me, next week begins inservice and things will be kicked into turbo gear. It's such a fun but fierce time of year. I hope you all are doing well and finding time for pinning, creating, and a little blog stalking of your own. Giggles!!!