Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Hello, World!


I know, I know! It's been a hot minute right...and oh the life changes.  There have been a handful.  But I am so excited to be re-motivated, re-freshed, and well re-blogging!!

I do have a new job title and I'm no longer with my firsties. {insert tear emoji} I have settled into a new role as an Instructional Coach.  I am now working with K-5th grades in all subject areas.  Much like teaching 1st Grade, it is both challenging and rewarding.  I'm not going to lie...my 5th grade math skills aren't quite as sharp as my 1st grade literacy skills.  Luckily, I work with a talented group of teachers that make it a bit more manageable.  And of course, I learn a bit more every day.

The new role did mean I would have to move out of my classroom and into an office.  And since my target audience would be adults...I decided to take full advantage when it came to the decor! Check out my office reveal...
I am always inspired by Kate Spade's style and used that for my inspiration and look. 
Rug: Rug USA
Couch: Ikea

I purchased the desk from Craigslist and had it painted locally.  It's my favorite piece!

I found the zebra chair on a neighborhood online garage sale.

I didn't need a dry erase board in my office as much as I needed an organized schedule.  The vinyl chalkboard calendar was a fun solution.  I use chalk markers to change out the dates and activities.
Vinyl calendar: Amazon (Ordered 6)
Curtains: Made from Target flat sheets
Chairs: Online Re-Sale
Pillow Fabric: Hobby Lobby

Quite often, I end up with teachers on my couch just looking for a little escape! (Plus I feed them coffee!)
Wall Prints: At Home
Gold Arrow, Gold/White Pillows, Pillow Fabric: Hobby Lobby


I love having a Keurig in my office.  I was so excited when they came out with white!
 Flowers & Chevron Tray: Home Goods
Pink/Black Mason Jars: Walmart
Coffee Mug: Michaels
White Frame: Hobby Lobby

I added Devine Peel & Stick Wallpaper from Target to my Walmart shelves to fancy them up a bit.
Decorative Boxes: Home Goods
Hashtag: Target (Sprayed with Gold Glitter)
Black/White Vinyl Polka Dots: Hobby Lobby
Chandelier Canvas Hanging: Joss and Main

I'm always adding to this space.  But for now, it makes me smile!
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and getting some much needed R&R and of course...plenty of giggles!





8 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Can you please come and decorate my house???/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you're back! You were one of the first people I got lots of ideas from when I first discovered teacher blogs back in 2012ish and I was sad when I hadn't seen you any more. I was just going through my blogger stuff tonight and clicked and there you are! :)
    Practical Primary Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information..
    organic towel set

    ReplyDelete
  6. Discover the inspiring story of Healing Buddha's founders, Ritu and Manish. Their personal experiences and encounters with energy healing modalities led them on a remarkable journey of self-discovery and transformation. United by a shared passion for healing, they envisioned a center that would bring relief and joy to those in need. Their unwavering dedication and commitment to serve others form the heart of Healing Buddha's mission.
    healingbuddha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Join us in exploring the future of education through The Global Hues. We analyze learning trends, educational transformations, and innovative approaches that are reshaping the way we acquire knowledge.

    theglobalhues

    ReplyDelete