Friday, November 2, 2012

Behavior Clip Chart....Freebie!

Just before school started I posted a picture HERE about my new owl clip chart that I downloaded from 3rd Grade's a Hoot.  I'm loving this clip chart system!! I feel like I am signing (well actually a responsible student from each table is signing behavior sheets...unless a student is lower than "ready to learn", then I sign!) so many fewer folders at the end of the day and it truly saves a headache!! I LOVE that it gives a chance for those fabulous behaving students to strive for something above and beyond! Sooo...this post and couple of freebies are dedicated to those sweet owls! After reading the free ebook linked above I decided to go with the idea of adding "jewels" to the clips that reached outstanding for the day. Check out the bling (aka: glitter)!...
(Yes, my clips are spray painted white, because the wood color just wasn't working for me!)

Now on to the freebies...the ebook also suggests a "Clip Hall of Fame" for those receiving a certain number of jewels.  I went with 5! Once a student reaches 5 outstanding jewels, their clip is retired to the Hall of Fame! Check it out!

I just used a $3 frame from Walmart, some of my favorite ribbon from Hobby Lobby hot glued to the back, and this free printable!
Click HERE for your copy!

But wait, there's more...
One of my fabulous first grade team members needed her clip chart and hall of fame to match her zebra & green theme. Taadaaa!


And finally, one of my other teammates uses my Birdies & Buntings Classroom Decoratives so of course I'm glittering you with a clip chart that matches that set as well!!


Well I hope that at least one of those will fit your room's decor and you can get some use out of this amazing little behavior management system.  I'm off to enjoy my fall weekend. giggles...

13 comments:

  1. I like the idea of jewels and I like the idea of colored clips. Did you spray paint them? Mine are looking dingy. I also like the way the ready to learn is 1 full sheet of paper and all of the clip up's or down's are only 1/2 a sheet. I think that might be a good idea for after the Holidays. I'm departmentalized so my clip chart follows my kids from classrooom to classroom and to Specials (pe, music, etc...). Right now it's kind of long and some shorties have tripped over it. I also must comment that the clipchart and a few stickers have helped me get the highest rating on our eval rubric for two evals this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owl clip hall of fame is perfect for my clip chart. Thank you so much for sharing that! I can't wait to find a frame!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a giveaway!
    Stop by soon to enter!
    :)
    Tamera
    My Heart Belongs in First

    http://www.myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com/2012/11/polka-dot-birdie-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your picture here, is she your daughter? You are both so pretty and bubbly! I love your pretty cool clips here, so crafty and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once they have retired, do you give them a new clip?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of the Clip Chart Hall of Fame! I recently made a portable clip chart so that we can carry it around with us in the hallway and everywhere that we go. This is such a great addition the system!

    My kids will love this, thanks so much!

    ~Miss Martin
    Miss Martin’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love the clip chart hall of fame~!!! Been looking for a way to celebrate these kids! ( i use jewels as well!) They now take them home, but I am sure most get lost...now i will hang them proudly!!! thanks so much!! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the birdie clip chart and am changing my classroom theme to this next year!! I already use this clip system but my colors don't match up with yours. Is there a way to edit the colors for each section or can you change them for me? I need to be consistent with my team mates. Thanks for sharing! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do you get the jewels? And are they stickers so the kiddos just stick them to their clips?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where do you hang your Clip Hall of Fame? Next to the clip chart?

    ReplyDelete