Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wrappin' It Up...

Well I can't believe that another year is in the books!!! The last few weeks were nothing short of exhausting and wonderful all at the same time.  I have no idea how we crammed so many activities into two short weeks and still kept our sanity! Here are few of the fabulous activities that we had going on...

For Generation Texas week (college week) we decorated our doors in a career or college theme. Here is my Seuss-inspired door!

In addition to guest speakers, students and teachers were encouraged to dress as their future profession.  Here is my Kinder Cutie's version of an Art Teacher. (She is pictured with her wonderful Kinder teacher who inspired the costume!)

Next up was field day... 


I have to admit, this is my favorite event....GIGGLES....

Storybook Parade! 
Every grade level selects a book to represent their class. Each First Grade Class chooses a Fancy Nancy book. Our class read Fancy Nancy and the Delectable Cupcakes...dressing as Fancy Bakers. We parade around the neighborhood while all of the parents come out and wave us on! Oooh La La...a plethora of glitter and giggles.




We also threw in a Read In, Board Game Day, the Awards Assembly, and a Talent Show! Oh and the icing on the cupcake...parties for a few of my well-deserving teammates...

A onesie decorating baby shower...

And a Disney themed wedding shower...



Phewww....now on to a little rest, some staff development, a trip to the beach, and lots of creating and sharing.  I can't wait!

HAPPY SUMMER!!!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had lots of fun. Glad you survived. Great ideas I'll have to remember for next year. Love the shower ideas too.
    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy!

    That onesie decorating party is cutest baby shower idea I have ever seen!!!

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the party ideas! And your door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these ideas!!! I am your newest follower :)
    I would love for you to stop by and visit.
    Michelle @ Smitten With First

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute ideas! We have our 1st baby shower for a team member in the fall-totally stealing some of those ideas!

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read your blog! Its really attention grabbing.Absolutely Love your blog and I'm your newest follower!! Make the statement of purpose for art school with us!

    ReplyDelete